“The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Psalm 24 praises God as the King of Glory. In doing so it considers various features of God’s glory. Specifically, the King of Glory is the Creator and Possessor of all things.
Creation is the supreme proof of God’s existence and Deity. No ancient god ever claimed to be the creator of all things. The mythologies of every chief god, like Baal or Zeus, describe them taking an earth that had already been formed. They were not creators, they were usurpers. The God of the Old Testament is the only One who made all things by the Word of His power. (Isaiah 45:18) By His great power He called forth all the stars (Isaiah 40:26). He alone made all things.
The ancient deities did not claim to rule over all creation. Even the greatest of them only ruled portions. They ruled the rivers, the mountains, the fields or the sea. The great ones ruled heaven or the underworld. None ruled over all things and all shared rule over the earth with other deities. Their rule was often hindered by other gods and even by people. None of the ancients gods could do their will all things. God alone is the ruler of all things. He alone does His pleasure in all creation. He shares rule with no one. No one, divine or human, can stop His will from happening. He alone is God.
To help you praise this King of Glory, consider what He has created:
– He created the birds in all their uniqueness
– He created the flowers in all their beautify
– He created the galaxies in all the magnificence
– He created the stars in all their splendor
– He created every planet in its proper place
– He created every quark, strangelet and boson in all their mystery
– He created the seasons which continue year after year
– He created gravity to hold all things together
– He created time to measure our days
– He created space in which to place all His creation
To help you worship the King of glory consider what He owns.
– He owns every wild animal
– All the cattle in the farmyards are His
– Every domestic pet belongs to Him
– The wealth in every mine is His
– He owns all the oil in the Middle East
– He owns all the silicon in the valley
– He owns all the rare earth metals in the earth
– He owns all the assets on Wall Street
– He owns all computers in Microsoft
– He is King of every king
– He is master of every beggar
– He is judge of every judge
– Ever person who ever lived is His</p?
Meditate on the King of Glory. Make your own list of the incredible things which He created and the treasures which are His. Worship Him. “Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory.”